Artic Transport and JFW 6.0

  • From: "Frank Welte" <fwelte@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:16:06 -0700

My friend wants to run JAWS 6.0 using an Artic Transport external
synthesizer set to emmulate an Accent SA synthesizer as the primary
synthesizer.

Our initial attempt to install JAWS using this set-up failed.  When we
re-started the computer the Transport would periodicly say something =
that
sounded like an error message.  Sorry folks, I didn't write the message
down, but I've asked my friend to write it down and let me know what the
repeated message is, so I can share it with you here.  In the mean-time, =
if
any of you are using the Artic Transport with JFW 6.0 can you tell me if
there are any particular special tricks required to get it to work?  We =
used
the JFW guided instalations, we included the Accent SA on the list of
selected synthesizers, and We tried to run the Transport on Com1 with =
port
settings set to n-8-1.  Recommendations for getting JFW working with =
this
little beastie will be most appreciated.

Best wishes,
Frank Welte