April 15 Release - Feedback On Jaws 6.10

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:32:45 -0400

Hi List,
Just Installed Jaws 6.10 update demo in XP Home. Tried the desktop, File
Management, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, and some application menus. So
far, things seem to be Ok for my hardware including my video and sound cards.
Outlook Express is Ok. Didn't notice anything special except for Internet
Explorer and Firefox. There's a speech delay if the web page is not fully
loaded. Some web pages keep bringing stuff and this creates a delay when
accessing menu items. Moreover, pressing Page Down or Up when the VPC is off
doesn't work immediately/properly. When the page is fully loaded, no problem
navigating.  Also, Insert H works a lot better in Jaws 6.10. Yesterday, my Jaws
6.0 crashed whenever I tried Insert H more than once after closing it. With
regards to Firefox, naturally total silence. I would have to install some
scripts and test again. Anyway, that was my preliminary feedback. I'll try more
applications later. By the way, this old Pentium 3 with 384 MB of RAM has
Nvidia GeForce2 and Asound cards.
Best regards,
Adam