Re: Any anser on Jaws read with cursor stop?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:20:24 -0800

Adrian,

Sorry. I see now. It's true that I'm a shade tired and foggy this evening,
but the fact is that I have the Jaws punctuation verbosity set to speak
quotation marks and, rereading your message, it does. I think I was misled
by your unfamiliar phrasing-- "the Jaws control 'stop' command"-- and
subconsciously disregarded the quotes because I was confused by the
locution. I see now that you were just trying to assign the keystroke a
dignified, informative title, and it threw me as I listened. Well, it's all
right now. No flies on this boy. Don't think so, anyway.
From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Adrian, You say "Jaws control stop?" Do you mean just the traditional press
of the Control key to halt Jaws speaking? Or is there a combination
keystroke that is designed to break off speech even more precisely than
that? I confess, pressing the Control key, as I learned to do from the
audiocassette tutorials that came with my first version of Jaws some years
ago, has always served well enough. But maybe there's something more one can
do, as I say? Or am I just misreading you? Because I do have some problems
with it being difficult to navigate easily for editing in Word that I don't
even wish to struggle to describe right now, and any trick that might help
to tame Jaws more than I sometimes can manage will be appreciated. Jaws
being to

Thanks.

From: <tickpub@xxxxxxxx>

Hi all, just asking again if anyone might know how to make the cursor stop
at the point where jaws stops reading. Let's say jaws is set to read a
sentence and does so. But there is a wrong word or I need to change a word
or grammer mark near the end of the reading and I want to change it. But the
jaws cursor is back at beginning of sentence and now I must key my way to
that last word. What settings do I use to make jaws sit at the point where
it stops reading, if possible, please let me know. Thanks all, MMM

11:04 AM