Re: Annoying Eudora Querks

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-users-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;,jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:21:02 +0000

Hi, sorry to reply to my own message, but I've forgot to mention another querk.
4. When a new message arrives and the familiar series of tones play, JAWS says "in" a few times. I'm now wondering if these querks outlined in this and the below message is to do with the fact I'm using the preview pain to read my messages, and perhaps JAWS doesn't like it? I don't know. Anyway thanks again in advance.

At 00:11 30/10/2007, Chris Hallsworth wrote:
Hi all,
Got a few annoying querks with my Eudora. I'm running version 7.1 of the product. Now here are the querks: 1. In some messages, JAWS indicates that it "couldn't find end of headers". Before this is makes a series of beeping noises in very rapid succession before speaking the message. 2. The virtual cursor jumps in the middle of some messages. I have to press control home to go to the top of the message. 3. In a few cases, JAWS "forgot" to announce the number of links, even though this option is enabled in the adjust JAWS verbosity dialogue box.
Does anyone experience any of the above, and, if so, how to fix them please?
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I'm using JAWS 8 and Windows XP Home SP2 with all updates.