Re: Amazon.com, and JAWS 7.0

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 09:08:26 -0600 (CST)

This issue should be reaised with FS. I tried it with JAWS 7, same problem as Chris. I tried it with WE 5.5, no problem.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Jim Fettgather wrote:

Since I do a ton of shopping on Amazon, especially around the holidays, I was concerned when I saw this thread.
Just now, using Jaws 5.10, I seemed to have no difficulty finding detailed information about a Mac Mini apple computer.
All of the Amazon pages came up with the information that I had requested, and things seemed to behave normally.I will sure try this with Jaws 6.0.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:44 AM Subject: Re: Amazon.com, and JAWS 7.0

 chris,

 Doesn't look like it's just a Jaws 7 issue.  I'm using v. 6.2, and
 something
 similar happens now (I was there just yesterday and everything was
 normal).
 I did a search for a particular book title that I know they carry.  When
 the
 search results page loaded, I did a firtual Find for the word "sort,"
 which
 takes me to the "sort by" combo box just before the listed results begin.

 I arrowed down a few lines and found the linked book title.

 I clicked on it and the page I got was nothing but the usual global
 nvavigational links plus a set of links and a combo box dedicated to
 something to do with finding gifts.  It wasn't about gift *certificates,*
 if
 that's what you got.  But it was equally wrong.  The title of the book I
 used for the search was nowhere on the page.  I arrowed down through it
 very
 carefully.

 By the ay, in case you need it, the customer service number I've always
 used
 when necessary, and the only one I know about, is
 (800) 201-7575

 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad"
 <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>