Re: Admin, new jfw list management

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:23:42 -0500

Where on earth have you been?

Until recently he was among those who posted multiple messages on each
topic, too much coke I suppose.

Nick has been the list admin for as long as I have been subscribed, I think
at least since 1998. While it is probably true he did not enforce the rules
as tightly as some would have wanted, the other edge to that sword is that
it denies some the access to this sort of help and information to some who
may well need it badly. Several years ago a group who felt that the list was
too tightly moderated established their own list, the JFLite list which I
understand is also a busy list, I understand a looser one. All this simply
demonstrates the difficulties of administrating such a list. Keeping it on
track while not destroying communications.

Bruce has been a significant critic of the direction of this list and, not
long ago expressed the intent to begin his own JAWS list, how you missed
that I can't imagine. Doubtless we can expect a significant change in focus
here.

To Nick, congratulations on your dedication over a substantial period of
time. Moving on is an important factor in personal growth and I thank you
for your contribution over the years.

To Bruce, Thank you for your time. I hope this does not become a huge demand
on your time and that you are able to retain a balanced perspective.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario
dleavens@xxxxxxx
     Home of the Polar Bear Express!