Re: Add aware and jaws 6

  • From: "John Miller" <n1umj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 08:00:28 -0400

I have never lost a saved password or anything for a site using ad-aware in
all the time I've used it and I select all every time it finds something.
Once upon a time there might have been problems but with in the last 18
months or so, I haven't heard of 1 single instance of this and I have almost
everyone I do computer work for running ad-aware now.
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Yardbird

Hi,
I just want to interject that my experience hasn't been that AdAware
indiscriminately wipes out all the useful cookies in my cookie folder.
If
that were the case, I'm be one very unhappy and inconvenienced puppy.
I'd
be  unable to log onto a number of sites that are vitally important to
me
without the time consuming, and labor intensive (using a screen reader)
task of reregistering every time I'd run AdAware.  Which isn't the case.

If you meant some very specific types of cookies are deleted or
quarantined
by AdAware when you use the Mark All feature, and not all cookies,
please
explain.  I scan with AdAware once a day or so, and if I had to
reregister
every day to read the newspaper I read online and to let Amazon know
that it
was I who'd just logged on, and to connect with my account, I wouldn't
be
using AdAware, you can be sure.

Am I misunderstanding what you're saying, here?  If so, please explain.

thank you very much,
Daniel
From: "Chris Feist" <ccfeist@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Selecting all with Control + M didn't work in Ad-Aware on one computer,
but on my other computer I haven't tried to select all yet.  I'll give
it a try.  But, of course, my main concern is not being able to pick and
choose which items to quarantine.  To give an example, I do have some
convenient cookies that I don't want deleted which select all will
remove.  Sure, I would instruct Ad-Aware to ignore those particular
items, but that brings me back around to the original problem which is
not being able to select the items individually.

At any rate, it sounds like Ad-Aware works fine for most everyone for
the basics.

Chris Feist - The one and only!

From: "Chris Feist" <ccfeist@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Wendy.  The script for Ad-aware helped me utilize the program to some
degree, but I still have difficulties using the program.  In fact, on a
secondary computer, the script didn't really help at all.  Where I
usually run in to a problem is the area that I'd select the items I want
to quarantine.  Anyway, my point is that the script may help or it may
not depending on the behavior of Ad-Aware on your particular computer
plus your familiarity with it.  For me, I'm about ready to give up and
hope to come across a more Jaws-friendly program since I can scan but
not quarantine.  But hey, it's worth a try and may work just fine for
you.

Chris Feist - The one and only!