Adaptive technology and public awareness

  • From: "Mostafa Al'mahdy" <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <englishlearner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 02:01:35 +0300

In the name of Allah the gracious clement the grand merciful.

Dear all , peace be upon you , firstly , happy Victoria day for our Canadian
friends , we do wish you  indeed a pleasant vacation.

   On today's post , I will highlight the major concentrates onto the
subject of adaptive technology  and it's public awareness among the
societies , we may begin by asking this simple question:

On average , how widely it is known the adaptive technology in the regular
educational fields and  public employment sectors?

To answer accurately this question , we shall in advance identify what the
adaptive technology is , and what it does involve?

Basicly , it is a complete unit of combined tools and utilities  to make the
visually impairment candidate  more productive and sufficiently adequate to
cope within the commissioned task , usually , a screen reader of your
convenience  , as there are so many out there , ranging to compatible
digital scanner shipped within optical character recognition application ,
whether , OCR for short , a refreshable Braille display if preferable , and
don't forget the regular printing machine , so you may print a regular piece
of sheet to your sighted colleagues if necessary.

As this package of facilities might be considered to be costly at some
length , we may redistribute it's common line in the general educational and
employment environments , that demands a well developed promoting campaign ,
well prepared and competent prospects , and ultimately , a  general positive
self conscious to officially recognize the visually impairment as effective
members.

The best way to prove that is to show you a demonstration , as there are not
too many , but fortunately , we still have what is enough to share  the idea

 We have three major videos which focus on three different situations:

Firstly , individual use , and that's detected to someone who is
demonstrating the adaptive technology on his own , he was assessing a
popular screen reader called JAWS , quite famous among the blind computer
users , he was examine it within the open source edition of Microsoft office
on a windows seven platform in particular , let's see shall we?

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwFUnaOcy68

I actually did not like the comments posted below about the video , quite
negative and frustrating attitude , and that's what we surely dislike as
blind people

Well:

The next video is in focus on educational environment , as he was testing
also with JAWS , an application which is related to management course which
is held in a University:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGDnLh5QVA

 The last broadcast is to demonstrate an accessible office for the visually
impairment employees , let's have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6UCgrXLf0Y

I think , this is pretty decent to give the idea.

Want you try to move out of the resident care? , which is a catastrophic
conditions in my opinion , how the people will never guess that there is out
something of the sort while kept our talking computers to be used just at
home or state of private residence which is extremely the worst!.