re: Ad Aware and Alternatives

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:44:57 -0500

Yardbird,

The only possible reason for deleting cookies prior to running Ad Aware or
some other anti-spyware program, is so it doesn't flag any tracking-cookies
as spyware. I've done this too, just to make it easier to determine if Ad
Aware or Spybot really find something nasty. I don't want to be told dozens
of items were put in quarantine, if they were all just tracking cookies.

Alan

Yardbird wrote:

another? Why would you expect an anti spyware program to turn up spyware
once you've deleted some cookies from your cookies folder? I hope my
question is clear.