Re: Activating a link while in an open message

  • From: "Steve Britt" <swimmer953@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:30:30 -0600

For what it's worth, Robert, I'd like to suggest the following steps, just
for experimentation:
First, uninstall IE 7, and your system should automatically go back to IE 6.
When you've done this, open the same email and see if you can get to the
link the old way. Have your wife present to give you any visual info.
If this doesn't work, try uninstalling Jaws 8 and go back to Jaws 7 or 7.10
and try the link again and see what happens.
I suggest these steps because I haven't yet purchased Jaws 8, and I'm
wondering whether your problem is caused by Jaws 8 or IE 7.
It would also be interesting to know if others on the list are experiencing
this problem.