RE: Accessible Kindle for PC App Released

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:07:00 -0500

I didn't finish my thought. As you probably know, Amazon made its Kindle
more accessible to enable American colleges to use it in courses without
discriminating against visually impaired students. Several entities were
behind the settlement with numerous colleges, including the two I mentioned.
Amazon wasn't a signatory to these agreements, but they are definitely the
motivator behind the developments that Gary reported here last night. I'm
confident the ACB and/or NFB would take up your cause if Amazon didn't
cooperate directly with you.

  _____