  From: Dan Beaver
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 04:18
  Subject: Re: Accessible Journal Writing Software

  Hi,

  Actually, if you want really simple you could use notepad which comes frree
as part of Windows.

  If you create a file and open it with notepad and it has as its first line
".LOG" then it will automatically drop to the end of the file and enter the
current date and time for you.  You could then enter your subject and then the
rest of your entry.

  I use it this way as a simple daily log and as a simple diary.