Re: Accessible Computer Games

  • From: "Sylvester Thomas" <cinema-sly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 18:11:50 -0700

Hi! Try http://www.pcsgames.net/. There may be something there to help you out.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Wes Derby" <wesderby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 11:24 AM
Subject: Accessible Computer Games

Hello.

I work at the Washington Talking Book & Braille Library, and during a meeting this morning, our childrens' librarian came up with an interesting question and asked if I could look into this...Does anyone know if there is a way, either as a software program or online somewhere, for a blind person to play roll playing games, particularly Dungeons and Dragons, using JAWS or another screenreader? She asked because she received some sort of D&D starter kit for libraries and it made her wonder. If anyone has any resources, feel free to reply here or to email me off-list at wesderby@xxxxxxxxxxxx It old her I'd try to find info for her, but now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind checking it out for myself, actually.

Thanks.

Wes