Accesible chess game

  • From: "Allan Wong" <allanwkf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 05:07:29 +0800

KChess Elite

Not specially design for the blind but a lot of effort was made to make it as
accessible as possible:

List of 5 items
1. All moves and menu commands can be controlled through the keyboard alone, so
the mouse need not be used.
2. The program gives sound effects and spoken feedback about the last move.
This is controlled through the settings on the Audio
page of the Options dialog box.
3. The screen will automatically adjust when Windows is set to use large fonts.
4. A large amount of textual information is available about the state of play,
which can be readily picked up by screen reader
software. This includes a full move list, details about the most recent move, a
narration about the opening and state of the board,
and a board layout in FEN format. This information is controlled through the
settings on the Display page of the Options dialog box.
Tab to each different text area to have the text read out.
5. The last move, board layout and status information can be spoken by the
program as required. Select the Speak item on the Play
menu to find these functions.
list end

KChess Elite contains a number of custom controls, however they can all be
readily mapped to standard Windows controls if required
by your screen reader software.

Price: US$30 for a Single License. This allows for use by one person on
multiple computers, or multiple people on one computer.

There's a 30 day trial period.  For more information and to download go to:
http://www.arkangles.com/kchess/

Regards,
Allan Wong