Re: AVG and installing JFW 6

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:15:44 -0800

I know the below question has only recently been discussed here.  But I
would appreciate if someone knowledgeable would say whether or not there's a
difference between AVG Version 7 in the Professional Version and the free
edition.  Because I recently tried to disable AVG on my system tray list as
I used to be able to do with free version 6, and as people were
recommending, but hitting enter (or using any of the buttons you can tab to
once on that item) did not produce the familiar option to disable AVG.  It
only presented something more like the list of options you get if you press
the context key, right mouse click, or Shift F 10 in such a situation.  In
addition, I discovered that what's on my system tray list isn't simply AVG,
but AVG Control Center.  I'm familiar with the control center, though in the
new version 7 free edition there isn't much you need to use it for since
everything is automated practically beyond your control.  But still, that
seems wrong, that this is what should be listed on the system tray, not
simply the main program interface.

Any knowledgeable advice will be appreciated.
racically Note:  I am not in immediate need of disabling AVG for any purpose
such as what's been discussed here in this thread.  But I would very much
like to know what's up with the situation I describe, so that I can atain
some control over this stuff.  Thank you.
 at diton profI would appreciate ----- Original Message -----