Re: AVG Antivirus program

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:26:19 -0700

Hi Chris,

as it has been stated, you will probably encounter problems if you try to
install AVG before removing Norton. so here is my suggestions:

1. download AVg and save it to your desktop. this just makes it easier to find.

2. download and run the Norton removal tool from

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html

You can get it from Symantec, but there is a captcha there that most have
trouble with. This site will allow you to get the removal tool without such
problems. On this site, it will direct you to a mirror site to download the
file. After you press enter on the graphic for a mirror site, hold down your
control key to allow the new window to process the active x to automatically
start the save/run dialog box. You can save the file if you want to or just run
it. Just follow the prompts.

3. Restart the computer if necessary.

4. Install AVg and run the update function if it needs it.

You can do this at anytime before Norton expires. Whenever it is convenient for
you.

HTH

rich