ATI Radeon 7000 Video card

  • From: "John Gurd" <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw World List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:28:53 +0100

I just bought a machine with a Radeon 7000 series video card. I am having
very strange problems with it where sometimes it reads fine and at other
times it simply only sees blank lines in all sorts of applications including
Windows Explorer. I've checked this list and seen that some other people
have had problems with the Radeon card. I am convinced it is an issue
involving the card. I've tried every configuration setting I can think of in
Display Settings including screen area, colour options and refresh rates.
For some reason changing almost any of the display settings to anything else
works for a while and then the problem comes back. Has anyone ever had this
problem and solved it?

John Gurd