A little known fact about the list.

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:44:14 -0500

I've had a couple people make mention to me how much they rather don't like the way freelists.org sets up their archives. So for the past few months, I've been giving an archival solution that just might work out a whole lot better for us a try. Now, the JFW list's archives can be located in two places. The usual //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw which contains everything back to about 2002-2003, whenever it was exactly we made the switch from Yahoo groups to Freelists, and the new archive, located at http://www.mail-archive.com/jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/ which contains significantly less material, but is organized in a little bit of an easier method of navigation. I'd like everyone who's interested to take a look at the second option, and tell me if they prefer that over the current, freelists-powered system. We'll of course keep the freelists one around for its historical content either way, however the opinions of the list members will determine which one becomes the new, official archival site for the mailing list. Send opinions off-list, please, to jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx It's your list as much as it is mine, and I want to make sure using its resources is going to be easy for everyone.

James,
List Admin