Re: A convenient alternative to Alt Tab

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 18:14:42 -0700

Jim,

you say:
Yes it (pressing the arrow keys, left or right) does but pressing windows
tab keeps your fingers on home row.

Jim, I've been typing since I was something like 13 years old, and sure,
having to type without being able to see the keyboard has involved some
different considerations and techniques. But using the left and right arrow
keys doesn't make it hard for me to put my fingers right back on the home
row if I want to. I don't get why you say that. Plus (formerly known as
"besides which") I just put my fingers on the right Windows key and the tab
key, and I can't imagine how that helps keep you on the home row. Seriously?
Anyway, neither of these matter, compared to the pretty strenuous
contortions wit would require for me to do all this with my left hand only,
but I guess that's the disability power user's method or something.

and the other thing was just forgetfulness: I know perfectly well that
pressing the tab key in that environment will cycle you around the elements
on the Desktop screen. I just wasn't thinking.
Now to try the ultimate power user's method, hitting the right Windows key
with a mouth straw while pressing the tab key with the left big toe. Push
everything to its limits, I always say. :-)