RE: 2 problems with MS Word

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:19:09 -0400

Thanks Nermin; we had someone here who had that same issue, and did
verify that they had multiple copies of Word open.

The issue I was speaking of is slightly different: Word keeps asking you
if you want to save changes to a document that you didn't open or
modify.  Usually, this document doesn't have a name (just do you want to
save changes to document1 or some message like that), or it tells you
about recovering document1 from last time.

This looks like w word problem, but at home I shutdown jaws 9 and had my
sighted wife do the same things, and the error messages stopped when
jaws wasn't running.

I didn't call FS support because I have 2 other more important problems,
and they told me they wanted to deal with them one at a time.

I knew there were other issues with jaws 9 and Word, such as Word will
not tell you when shading is applied (word 2003 anyway).  I doubt FS is
fixing issues with any version of word earlier than 2003, and I'm not
sure, with word 2007 being released, that they'll fix issues with word
2003 any more.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator