2 more problems with JAWS 9

  • From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:36:37 -0400

Hi all,

   I have discovered 2 more problems with JAWS 9:

Firstly, with Outlook Express, if I try to Copy and Paste an article from the body of an E-mail message into a new E-mail message to send to someone, it does not come out as text. Instead, I get links, end links, etc., all of which make the article difficult to read with a screen reader. I contacted FS about this and they said there is no fix right now. I wish I could do what I can do in Internet Explorer, which is to change the Cursor Options under the Tree View you get by pressing Insert v; unfortunately, they told me that option is only available in IE at this time.

Secondly, in MS Word, if I select some text in a document that was already created and Copy it to the clipboard, then, when I exit Word, it asks if I want to save the changes I have made to the document. Of course, I haven't made any changes. However, if I press Control s at some point before I select and Copy some text to the clipboard, then I don't get that message; go figure! --