[jawsscripts] why is jaws soooo poor at reading installation dialogs?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 07:02:53 +1100

anyone care to comment, on whether they feel jaws is particularly poor, at auto
reading many pop up dialogs, that often accompany installations?  and in
particular, seemingly almost constantly, the last step, where the box is
reporting "ready to install," where the next button alters to the install
button?  Just has seemed to me for ages that jaws is particularly bad at this?
and, also, a huge beef I have also, is just how incredibly poor Jaws seems to
me to be, at handling the manual Box read functionality of jaws+B?
my vibe is they haven't touched that script in donkeys years, and that it just
surely could be made a whole lot smarter and cleaner than it is? anyone mess
with it much? it just constantly double/tripple reads things, reads buttons
first and the information last, and doesn't read some dialogs/window at all,
claiming it's not in a dialog, ... etc?

if it can't be made to automatically do well, then it just seems insult to
injury that it does so poorly, to my mind/experience anywayz, at handling
intuitive manual reads?

thoughts?