[jawsscripts] weird error, "default script not found" but it's there

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:48:46 -0700

I'm getting an error when starting jaws that my freedom scientific
default script was not found. The weird thing is that it's both in the
shared settings as well as in my user settings (same file) & opens in
script manager when control shift d is pressed. The error warns that
unpredictable results may occur, but everything actually works quite
normally except for this *very* annoying error. Any1 got any ideas?

Text of the error msg follows, for those interested:
The Freedom Scientific default script file was not found while loading scripts.
 This may cause unpredictable results with this version of JAWS.  It is
recommended that the original script file be restored.
OK

I had a similar problem once when installing bx toolbox, except that
nothing worked. Somehow an older version of a jaws script had gotten
into my jaws folder & everything was royally messed up, e.g., I
couldn't work. This isn't like that. I only have 1 version of Jaws on
my machine (11) & everything works quite well, thanks very much, fs,
for the warning of dire consequences sure to ensue.

I'd say I somehow messed things up while scripting, except it appears
that the default file really is there & intact--compiles successfully,
etc. Very weird. Any thoughts welcome.

--
Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit