[jawsscripts] Re: web sites with graphics

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:02:46 -0700

Likely the screen was drawn in bitmaps as opposed to printing of
actual text, &, if that be the case, no scripting in the world's gonna
fix it because Jaws is simply unable to read bitmaps. Having said
thus, u didn't provide the site url in order for us to check.

On 11/4/10, Ann Marie Medlar <amedlar1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I used IE to go to a web site to take a word test.  I had an access code
> from the site and when I entered a new browser window opens.
> Jaws reports graphics...
> Is there any way to scritp this easily to access?
> The screen instructed me to open a specific file and then to proceed.    A
> sighted person told me that is what my screen stated.
> I used Windows XP Pro, Jaws11.xx and IE 8.0.
>

> Just curious how could this become more accessible?
> Ann

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Scripting Classes: http://jawsscripting.lonsdalemedia.org