[jawsscripts] Re: silence in between Saying two messages

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 01:35:43 +1000

hmm, regarding this silencing and pausing issue, and perhaps touching upon
some
of what jamal has talked about re sometimes getting
distinct lack of communication/feedback
from the fs company as regards user suggestions, - or at least not as often
as one might wish,
(by the way I am afraid
myself that I'd have to agree with jamal's view that I too see  this as
having
regretably seemingly become rather an unfortunately entrenched pattern with
fs, and
not something I necessarily feel that's sufficiently or adequately accounted
for by
pure supply and demand time prioritization alone, - Another well known
scripter whom I sent jamal's comments to for his input concurred, and
sermized himself, that fs may not really turn this around until they
actually begin
to feel it's effects in their hip pockets,)
Which they may soon with window eyes scripting on the horizon, so that would
be great,
well, re pausing and indexing control,
I myself have felt for a very long time, that I've wanted far greater user
customization as to pause lengths after various punctuation marks,
independently controllable from speech rate settings. of course initialy
they should be dragged along with them in some kind of relative fashion, as
they are now, but, I've felt for a long time, that a really desirable
customization feature, would be to be able to have this more user
controllable upon
demand.  I've always thought compared to the old dectalk speech synth, that
eloquence just rabbited on far too quickly after it's punctuation marks,
particularly ends of sentences,
and
sometimes of course, doesn't pause at all at various punctuation marks,
if you have the mode set to
things other than none,
which should also be user customizable in my view.
has anyone else ever thought this?  I think for studying purposes, that
after some punctuation marks, some users would greatly benefit from having
just a tad more time gap between the finishing of one sentence or part of a
sentence let's say, and it's next bit, for brain processing of the
information etc.
I just wondered if I was the only one who ever had wished this?