[jawsscripts] Re: msaa and jaws

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 23:37:52 -0400

Yes, Jeff.  I feel the same way.  In fact, I take it a step further.  I have
a beta application for viewing TV shows recorded on a DirecTV DVR on your
computer.  When it is launched, a "My Playlist" of recorded shows is
displayed on the screen with the same look and feel as on the TV.
Unfortunately, the entire interface is some type of video overlay and
invisible to JAWS.  I have been attempting to communicate to CyberLink
and/or DirecTV about providing an alternate, standard  tree view  in a
separate dialog by hotkey or provide access to user interface objects
through MSAA objects. (yes, I had previously found and skimmed the MSAA doc
from the grab bag)  I find it strange there is no way to contact the
developers of a beta product!  What good is a beta without feedback.  At
this point, I have no idea if I could make sense of a proxy object of they
provided one!

Don Marang