[jawsscripts] Re: msaa and jaws

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:34:46 +1000

speaking on this subject further, has anyone out there perhaps put together,
from their studies into this subject of how MSAA, and it's exposed controls,
or whatever they're called, relate to jaws' hooks? and in what circumstances
and priorities jaws might prefer any MSAA information any given element
might have over some other attribute etc, in order to decide what and when
to render information etc?

I'd reeeally love to know if there's yet been some comprehensive
documentation, or even anyone's scanty notes who may've done all the hard
slogging to research this for their project, might be available for us to
get ahold of?
I'm sure if anyone would care to share them, they would be of great value to
many of us in the group, even if it had to be acompanied by all the
normative disclaimers of, "this isn't official but it's what I think I've
gleaned in my research," blah blah blah type thing?

for example, In Itunes 8, i'd very much like to learn, exactly what apple
and jaws are doing "under the hood," so to speak, in it's current renderings
and identification of it's various elements within the ITunes interface etc.
given that without jTunes installed, jaws has no actual defined scripts for
ITunes 8, that I'm aware of.

there's all kinds of things that are going on in there now that I'd love to
understand how stuff has been made to speak, as it now does with apparently
out-of-box venilla jaws , simply through MSAA monipulation/programming.

For example, some of the tabStops now in there, actually read information,
like elapsed time, of a playing track, then when spacebar is hit, this
alters it and causes the total time of the track to be spoken upon spacebar
having been presssed, toggling it's output function. stuff like that?

thoughts anyone?

geoff c.