[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V6 #43

  • From: Paul Bonarrigo <pjbonarrigo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 19:44:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Anyone script Siebel 7 or 8 browser based call center apps?
They have an accessibility manual but I T has not implemented accordingly.
I've been scripting for around 5 years, software developer for over 20.
Most of this stuff is scriptable.
They have a search results list that is funky. You can tab from result to
result and it appears focus is on the result. When I route jaws to pc, jaws
cursor is several lines above current result. I call this pseudo-list. Each
result is multiple lines of text in a box. All boxes are the same height like 5
lines. You can click for more, enter does nothing.
I've seen this before, I'd like to solve it. Very pretty to the visual, very
aggravating to the visually impaired.

________________________________
From: "John Martyn" <johnrobertmartyn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] JAWS not speaking minimize maximize and close symbols
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:27:25 -0800

While doing some testing on some software, I noticed on another computer
that it doesn't read the minimize maximize and close button symbols at the
top of the window, it only reading the title of the window. This window does
not close with alt+F4 either and I need to click the close button. It is
doing this for all applications on this system so the JAWS cursor doesn't
see the buttons. Has anyone encountered this issue and possibly a fix?
Thanks in advance,

John Martyn

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 22:51:19 -0700
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: JAWS not speaking minimize maximize and close symbol
From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>

John, as u likely know, graphics in jaws generate crc values--thus,
the graphic whatever number u sometimes hear when a graphic isn't
labeled. This holds true of the minimize, maximize, & close graphics
at the top of the window as well. Normally these are created at
sufficiently common resolutions & w/a fair number of color schemes &
likely a representative sampling of hardware so that they're
recognized virtually universally.

I've gotta suspect that 1 or a couple things are actually occurring here:
a) It could be that something is happening to obscure Jaws' view;
b) It could be that either the resolution, graphics hardware, or video
acceleration is the culprit.

Make certain your resolution is adequate to the task, e.g., usually at
least 1024 x 768 on desktop models. Also try playing w/the hardware
acceleration. Put it as high as possible.

Having said all that, though, u might wanna check out the various
technical bulletins on the fs website, especially those having to do
w/incompatibility between Jaws & various video cards. If your machine
has 1 of these graphics cards that Jaws doesn't like, your only
solution may be to get a video card that plays nicer w/jaws. I am
assuming as I write all this that you're not getting any video
intercept errors & that you're running the proper jaws version for
your operating system.

On 3/5/12, John Martyn <johnrobertmartyn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While doing some testing on some software, I noticed on another computer
> that it doesn't read the minimize maximize and close button symbols at the
> top of the window, it only reading the title of the window. This window does
> not close with alt+F4 either and I need to click the close button. It is
> doing this for all applications on this system so the JAWS cursor doesn't
> see the buttons. Has anyone encountered this issue and possibly a fix?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John Martyn

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com
homePage: www.abletec.serverheaven.net

------------------------------

From: "Farhan Ahmed" <farhan.ahmed2009@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] nomail
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:06:09 +0500

Sincerely,
Farhan Ahmed
"It's much better to prepare and not have the opportunity than to have the
opportunity and not be prepared."
--

End of jawsscripts Digest V6 #43