[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V5 #10

  • From: "Aaron Kruse" <AKruse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:31:37 -0500

Thank you all for your feedback. The developers have decided to go with a
self-voicing solution, as several of you encouraged. It is simple to code, and
it speaks the information as needed.

Aaron Kruse NoteTemplates and Development Support, PL10
DSS, Inc. 12575 US Highway 1, Suite 200 Juno Beach, FL 33408
Office: 561-284-7832 | Cell: 919-605-9790 | Fax: 561-227-0208
akruse@xxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Exploring a new application with JAWS
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:42:20 -0500

It sounds to me like Jaws is not the solution. They would be better off
making this a self voicing application.

Dale leavens.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:57:29 -0700
From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>

Aaron, much depends on the app, e.g., whether it exposes its objects,
what is & is not included in the tab order, etc. If tab & arrow keys
don't work, (especially tab), & objects are not exposed, then my
feeling is that trying to use Jaws to read to some1 who is illiterate
is likely not the best solution, as Dale suggests.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Scripting Classes: http://jawsscripting.lonsdalemedia.org
homePage: www.abletec.serverheaven.net
For technophobes: www.technophoeb.com

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:08:59 -0500
From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The self speaking idea is your best way to go,
because jaws has no controls for touch screens.
so it wouldn't know what was touched to give question or even answer.