[jawsscripts] Re: is this new jaws script syntax?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:53:41 -0200

Hello Dennis,
Can you explain again what is self used for? In my understanding self
will make explicit that the function being called is from the same jss
file, but if this is true then the self key word isn't that usefull,
sinse you can call the function without scope identifiers anyways and
the compiler will assume you're referring to the version of the
function defined in the current jss file.
Another question is the following: can you use a scope identifier to a
file you didn't referenced with a use statement (other than default)?
And still another question ... can you provide me a sample about how
one could call a function (up the chain)?
Thanks,
Marlon.

free."
Linus Torvalds