[jawsscripts] Re: how to create jaws scripts for spy ware blaster tutorial!

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 17:40:10 +1000

HI scripters.
David for you see below, but first,

Just on this matter of one single repository place, if that's the right
word, where all "getting started with scripting," and/or more advanced type
tips/resources might be, do people feel that the "Grab Bag" site at:

http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com/jawsscripting.html

is the bestest place right at present? and does anyone know of resources it
doesn't yet have, that might be placed there, if not yet complete?

I.e. Today I couldn't yet see any link to either the older but very nicely
and comprehensively Ken Gould written Scripting manual, which people have
spoken of as still being a very useful style for learning,
although admittedly somewhat out of date now, having been done around jaws
version 3.7 days,
nor also the basics of scripting manual which ships with jaws? which I of
course realize is findable if people ferret around in their local jaws
installation files,
and I realize too that if it were there,
it would probably need updating all the time, which might become a drag if
we were to put a link to it up there,
but, well, since the site author has gone to all the kind trouble and effort
to place all these other resources there,
just Wondered if peple felt it might be nice to have links to
those resources up there too? I guess if FS was happy about that?

What are people's thoughts.
I'll write to Ken and ask him about putting the, "everything you always
wanted to know about scripting but didn't know who to ask,"
 manual up there.

now to David, two links directly from this page, that
I'll paste here for you that you might find useful. one is a large zip file
with many audio lessons that Jim snowbarger did some years ago for people
wanting to learn to start scripting: which is at:

http://www.saomaicenter.info/OnlineCourse/JawsScript/JScriptAudioJimSnowbarger.zip

note this might, "wrap" in your email program so may need cutting and
rejoining in your web Browser if it doesn't work when hitting enter on this
link above, though maximizing your email message may repair this,
And the other file which I think might be of most interest to you at present
if you really do wish to start diving into this scripting game, is some text
file lectures from an author called victor, last name not given, which is
obvoiusly much smaller than the audio files, and can be found at:

http://www.saomaicenter.info/OnlineCourse/JawsScript/LecturesVictor.zip

hope this may help you.
geoff c.