[jawsscripts] Re: how to create an access key for an edit field - thank you Martin

  • From: "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 18:00:51 +0700

don't use tab in this script. My opinian is
1. focus to the edit field in which you want to add hot key
2. ctrl+Jawskey+f1, ctrl+a and copy all the information from the vertual
viewer
3. Open Notepad and save is to Info.txt or any name you like
now write the script

Script MyScript ()
Var
Handle EditField
Let EditField= FindWindowWithClassAndId (GetAppMainWindow (GetCurrentWindow
()), MyClass, 0)
;note: myClass is the windows class jaws gave you from the info.txt.
If GetControlID (GetCurrentWindow ())==id_EditField
&& GetWindowClass (GetCurrentWindow ())!=="MyClass then ;the focus doesn't
stand at edit windows write now
SetFocus (EditField) ;move focus to the edit field
EndIf
EndScript
This just an experian script. I've done it for the babylon dictionary. It
works very well. However, I don't know your application, so  you may need to
edit it alot before using
Hope that help
Signature________________ Dang Manh Cuong Course: Psychology of education
Department: HCMC University of Pedagogy 280 An Duong vuong, ward 4, district
5, HCMC Vietnam Home: 555/2B Tan Dong Hiep, Di An, Binh Duong Home - phone:
+84 650-3742-067