[jawsscripts] Re: getObjectInfoByName

  • From: chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:51:59 -0400

Jackie,

You use this function when you know the object name and want the other
object information such as subtype, value, etc. One example is:

if !GetObjectInfoByName (GetAppMainWindow ( GlobalFocusWindow ) ,
ON_HISTORY , 1 , iSubType , giState , sValue) then
;Continue to process

This function returns TRUE or FALSE depending on if the operation is
successful or not, and you just need to supply the window handle
containing the object, along with the object name (ON_HISTORY in this
case) -- and the level of the object in the hierarchy.

The other parameters are returned back to you by the function itself -
by reference.

HTH,

Chad

On 3/10/08, Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could some1 please give me a code snippet of how to use this? This
> object stuff is about 2 drive me bats.
>
> --
> Jackie McBride
> Please join my fight against breast cancer
> <http://teamacs.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=1790196&pg=personal&fr_id=3489>
> & Check out my homepage at:
> www.abletec.serverheaven.net

Chad Foster