[jawsscripts] elements showing up as whole units when navigated with jawsKey+arrows?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:34:07 +1000

Mighty scripters.  Something I've been curious about for a longish time, which
I'm wondering anyone can shed any kind of light on?
Does anyone know why in certain situations, like in the titleBars of some
dialog boxes for example, when navigating with Jaws Cursor  using
jawsKey+arrows, Jaws will treat/read multi words, as if they are all one
element? and will thus skip the lot upon one single jawsKey arrow press?
when, if one hits home and navigates along the line with single arrow keys,
still in jaws cursor mode, the words seem clearly to be defined by normal
spaces?

I can't right now put my finger on a bit of exemplery text, but, wondering if
anyone has seen this kind of behaviour, and may've investigated it's cause more
thoroughly, to provide any kind of headsup as to what's going on when Jwas does
this?
no urgency on this one, just curious.

thanks.

Geoff c.