[jawsscripts] collaboration

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:59:59 -0700

Hi List:

My entire scripting existence I've written scripts on my own.
Yesterday, I was approached w/the possibility of collaborating w/a
fellow scripter on a project, &, for a variety of reasons,
particularly time constraints on my part as well as a profound respect
for the person in question, I decided to accept his offer of
assistance.  Emails crossing w/various versions of the scripts being
developed quickly led us to believe that we needed to develop some
format for exchanging work if this were to be a successful endeavor.
Unfortunately, neither of us has ever done this b4.  My initial
thought is to assign various tasks, where each person works on part of
the application independently & where there is no overlap.  That, of
course, can be hard to do, especially w/a complex program, as this is.

So, has any1 ever done this, & how have u managed version control?
Any help appreciated.
--
Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at: