[jawsscripts] Re: automating commands to extract info from web site?

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 13:08:58 -0600

Hi,
If its stock info you want to copy, Excel might be a better tool than trying
to automate JAWS.

Excel has some functions/add-ins to download stock quotes.
And barring that, while not the most accessible to set up, Excel's Web Query
feature can gather info from any site you indicate and tell it what info you
want.

While not a JAWS scripting solution I think this is a case of understanding
JAWS script limitations and looking for abetter tool.