[jawsscripts] Re: Word 2010 script

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:57:04 -0400

I should sort of warn you that it is a bit trickier to script an
application that Freedom Scientific has already scripted, because you
have to make sure that your own scripts mesh properly with those that
already come with JAWS. Word is such a case: FS includes Word scripts
with JAWS, so you would have to work your scripts in with theirs. This
can be done in a couple of ways, each having its pros and cons.

First though, I think it would be most useful to us if you could tell
us what functionality you want to add by writing scripts. That might
help us figure out the best way to make it happen. If you just want to
add some commands of your own, it really won't matter much which way
you do it. If you're trying to alter JAWS' behavior as you do things,
add or modify automatic speech, or do anything else that might involve
intercepting a JAWS event, it will be time to talk about chaining
script files together.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 02:48:49PM +0100, David Newman wrote:
Oh dear! As you are the second to ask that, I should say I would love to
write it up but this probably isn't the right place.
Most of what I'm doing is for simple access to frequently used requirements.
Too much of what I'm doing is to defeat stuff.
One day...

On 25/06/2012 14:03, Don Mauck wrote:
> what is so bad about word?

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller