[jawsscripts] Triggering FocusChangedEvent from a hotkey to force HscFocusChanged to run?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 04:20:44 +1000

mighty scripters.
A very pathetic greens question today, but, I have a situation on a client's
computer, whereby within his internet explorer 6 browser, which is what his
company uses as their front end shell to several inhouse applications and pages
etc,
sometimes FocusChangedEvent simply does not fire, when his new page/document
loads.
Which means of course that then HscFocusChanged, the function that causes hsc
to check the TopLevelWindow, of the page, and then realize that it's meant to
switch sets, does not run.
Thus it doesn't switch sets via topLevelWidnow name, as it should, in these
situations.

Thus, is it possible, for me to, say, trigger, either the whole
FocusChangedEvent functionh from inside a script, rather than it being
triggered automatically as it normally would be? in order to then force the
HscFocusChanged to run, and cause the set switch that's meant to happen upon
each new page that loads?

But, well I got a bit tangled up with the whole passing parameters thing, and
whether, if at all, what I'm trying to achieve, really can be done?

I tried just putting the single function:

HSCFocusChanged (GetWindowname (GetTopLevelWindow (FocusWindow)))

into a script, but when compiling, it complains about it and claims:

 Unknown variable FocusWindow
So, has anyone got any great ideas of how I might accomplish what I'm trying
to? in the case where the normal FocusChangedEvent, simply does not fire upon
the loading of a new Page?

I know the answer of how to do this must be simple, but, it's just stupidly
eluding me at the present?
I'd be greatful for any tips anyone might have to share on whether one can run
an event driven function, in this key-oriented way?

Thanks again.

Geoff c.