[jawsscripts] SysGetDate in Microsoft Outlook

  • From: "Sean Randall" <seanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:48:13 +0100

Hi all,

Can anyone shed any light on a problem I am having with SysGetDate?
Simply put, SysGetDate returns nothing whilst in Microsoft Outlook. With
parameters or without, it returns an empty string.  I must admit I'd never
tried to check the date in Outlook before now, and have modified my defaults
to such an extent that the standards are unrecognisable, at least in that
area.

This thing first appeared in my Jawter (jaws-to-twitter) interface, which
has proven quite popular.  It's not a major complaint, but the time of
twitter updates as well as the text is announced, but in Outlook because I
can't retrieve a value from SysGetDate I'm forced to leave off the relative
time.  I'm now working on another time-based project (returning the time in
any World City) and am encountering exactly the same issue when calculating
my timestamps.

Is this an old problem? Does anybody have a solution? Why Outlook? Why only
Outlook? Where else?

I've not encountered it in any other Office Applications - I'm using Outlook
2003.

Thanks for any advice,
Sean.

"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
William Riker.