[jawsscripts] Speaking Check Status

  • From: "Dean Masters" <dwmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS Scripts" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 22:04:47 -0400

Here is what I did in one application where the checkbox could be read if you
do a SayLine with the JAWS cursor.
Script SayNextLine ()

If GetWindowClass (GetCurrentWindow ()) == wc_IVSCheckList then

TypeCurrentScriptKey ();tells it to run the down arrow key

Pause ()

SaveCursor ()

RouteInvisibleToPc ()

InvisibleCursor ()

PriorWord ();moves to the checkbox

SayChunk ();to say the check status and what is checked or unchecked

RestoreCursor ()

Else

PerformScript SayNextLine ()

EndIf

EndScript

In the top line where it says If GetWindow Class == you can just put the name
of the window class in quotation marks rather than setting things up in a .jsh
file as I have done.

I have also created a script for SayPriorLine which contains the same scripting.

These scripts won't tell you when the status changes while on that line but
will only tell you the status when you move from one line to another. I have
not been able to figure out how to get the status to be spoken when it changes
and you stay on the line.

HTH,

Dean