[jawsscripts] Re: Sleep timer using Jaws scripting.

  • From: Andrew Hart <ahart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:08:13 -0400

Dave,

You can use ScheduleFunction with GetSystemTime and the Run function.
It's not clear to me if what you want is more of a general timer, which
goes off at specific times, or a sleep timer, which goes off after a
specified amount of time has elapsed.  If you require the timer to go
off at a particular time, then GetSystemtime will probably be more
convenient to use.  If you need the timer to go off after a specified
amount of time has elapsed, then GetTickCount may be more convenient.

As for scheduling functions and the like, provided you want the timer
system to remain active in the background all the time while JAWS is
running, check out the Cuckoo clock scripts for an example of how this
can be done.  Btw, looking back at those scripts, the one second
scheduling used there is probably overkill and it would be more
efficient to use a scheduling interval that shrinks as an event is
approached and which becomes larger when events are distant.  However,
it all depends what degree of sophistocation is required of the timer,
e.g., do you need to schedule just one event or multiple events at
different times with different actions, and do you wish to be able to
dynamically modify events and/or their times while the timer is running,
etc.  If you don't have the Cuckoo scripts any more, I can send them
along; just let me know.

Cheers,
Andrew.