[jawsscripts] Re: Script to Select Blocks

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:10:30 +1000

Jamal, man are you saying here, that if one installs these homer Scripts
utilities of which you speak,
that inside msWord, one will automatically have the ability to utilize the
f8 and shift+f8 keystrokes, to mark the beginning and en of blocks of text,
which may span multiple pages, without having to do the whole tedious vibe
of selecting line by line or page by page, using shift and appropriate keys?
thus permitting the use of findText features, after marking the beginning of
a block, to aid in loating the end of a passage one may wish to mark for
selection?

is this correct?

if so, before I dive into the docs regarding what else homer may or may not
effect, if a person just wanted that particular feature and nothing else,
is there the best place in the docs I should go, to read about any other
caveats installation of homer may mean, for the average non-scripter bear
user?

for I know someone for whom This would be extree'ee'ee'eemely useful in his
lawyer work, if it didn't make a big impact on other applicationns such that
he'd need to relearn other keystrokes to accomodate the other benefits which
I realize homer scripts could offer a real developer etc, which he is not
for example. if that makes sense?

thanks.

geoff c.