[jawsscripts] Re: Reading changed volues automatically

  • From: "Martin Slack" <m.g.slack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 22:18:43 -0000

Can Kirca,

  Sorry about the delay.  I asked about static text.  I was really hoping
for more than the single word "in", if only because such a short word might
well occur somewhere else on the page, and lead us astray.

  The proposal from Reed to use a frame certainly requires thought.  The
frame is designed to be able to be set up so that speech is triggered when
new text appears.  This would work around the problem with my proposal of
having to wait for a few seconds after the text changes before the script
looks again.  The downsides of using frames are that users run into problems
when using different screen resolutions or window sizes, since the frame is
defined with respect to the screen itself, not the window.

  We could take either approach.  You must decide which is preferable in
your case.  Is it better to have the text spoken immediately, or to be able
to run the application window whether it is maximised or not?

  Martin