[jawsscripts] Programmatically sending keystrokes or mouse clicks

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JAWSScripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Program-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:58:01 -0400 (EDT)

I am posting this to two lists that have recently been discussing the
topic.

I found that the free AutoHotkey utility can perform a control right
click,
http://autohotkey.com

AutoIt also supports this functionality
http://AutoItScript.com

AutoIt can create stand-alone executables, or be used as a COM server that
is accessed by client programs.  From its documentation, here is sample
VBScript code for clicking the right mouse button.

Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")
oAutoIt.ControlClick "Untitled -", "", "MDIClient1"

Here is sample code for sending keystrokes that launch and control
Notepad.

Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")
oAutoIt.Send "#r"
oAutoIt.WinWaitActive "Run"
oAutoIt.Send "notepad.exe{Enter}"
oAutoIt.WinWaitActive "Untitled -"
oAutoIt.Send "Today's time/date is {F5}"

Jamal