[jawsscripts] Problem assigning a key to a script

  • From: "John Robichaud" <john_robichaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JawScripts" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:59:41 -0400

This is under Windows 7 and Jaws 13. The application is called Health Rules
which is a database (not browser based) for managing health insurance
claims.

When creating any type of script for this app I cannot assign a key to the
script. The key assignment is made in the New Script dialog and continues to
show there. If you look at the .jkm text file the key assignment is shown
there. But if you look at the Keyboard Manger (insert+8) the key assignment
is shown as None and you cannot change this in the Keyboard Manager. The key
assignment does not work when you execute it.

I discovered that if I copy and paste the ScriptFileName script from the
Default script file to the Health Rules script file it runs properly with
the key assignment retained.  I also found that I can add scripts and key
assignments without a problem when I add them to the existing Internet
Explorer script file.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
John Robichaud