From: "Kamil" <kamilimak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:58 PM
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Opennig for Full time JAWS Script Programmer

Hi James,

Sorry about that. These HR people love to play with details.
It seems that they pulled it off yesterday and put it back today.

An extract list of the position details comes below:

TSA - Adaptive Technology Jaws Scripter

Posting Start Date: February 15 2008
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Full-Time
Employment Type: Permanent
Pay Type: Salaried
Work Hours/ Week: 37.5
Legal Entity: RB-Canada
Work Environment: Office
Location: ON - Toronto/Greater Toronto Area (e.g. Mississauga, Scarborough,
Newmarket)
City: Toronto
Office/ Branch Address: 315 Front Street West
Relocation Provided: No
Fluent In: English

Req ID#: 82970

Position Purpose:
To support RBC's commitment to diversity and to allow RBC access to a
broader segment of the workforce, RBC employees with a visual impairment
using screen reader technologies (JAWS is the current BRICK standard) are
supported through development of JAWS custom scripts. These scripts work
with RBC applications and allow rapid screen reader access to GUI
information. Current JAWS users in Branches,  Cards Collections and Cards
Customer Service are benefiting from this initiative and corporate HR is
working with many business units to expand the user base.
. This position supports RBC's commitment to diversity and is part of the
on-going process of developing an I.T. area of technical expertise in the
coding and maintenance of JAWS custom scripts.
. This position is integrated within the I.T. Usability & Accessibility
'Centre of Excellence' focusing on development coding  of JAWS custom
scripts,  support of JAWS script enabled applications, as well as the
maintenance and deployment of JAWS custom scripts to business partners.
Key Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Manager and working on a team of 7 the TSA - Adaptive
Technology JAWS Scripter will be primarily responsible for:

Technical Analysis, Design & Specification
. Design JAWS technical solutions that meet business requirements and
deliverables
. Coordinate design phases for JAWS script enhancements, identifying,
tracking and resolving technical issues
. Organize and walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs
and unit test plans.

Coding, Testing & Documentation
. Develop, code, document JAWS custom scripts of average to high complexity
. Write unit test plans and provide coordination

Overall, your main accountabilities will be broken down as follows:
20% Technical Analysis, Design & Specification
50% Coding, Testing & Documentation
20% Planning, Implementation & Support
10% Relationships & Communication
Job Requirements: (Knowledge/ Experience):
Our minimum requirements to ensure your success in this role are:
. Thorough knowledge of JAWS scripting and screen reader technology
. Thorough knowledge of Windows, web and DOS based environments as they
relate to JAWS screen reader technology
. Knowledge and understanding of W3C WCAG web coding standards.
. Facilitation Skills
. Communication skills
. Presentation skills

If you are a analytical and team oriented type of individual, and are
looking for a highly rewarding career in RBCs I.T. Usability & Accessibility
'Centre of Excellence', then we would be very interested in speaking with
you. Please go directly to our careers site to apply

Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. We will only be
contacting the top applications for an interview, so please make sure you
tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Required Skills/ Competencies/ Attributes:

Education:
BA/BS

Required Accreditation(s):

Special Conditions:
Candidates with industry experience will be considered regardless of
education.

Diversity:
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of
our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect
and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so
you can focus on what you can do best - put clients first.