[jawsscripts] Making a string title case

  • From: "Mike" <mike_sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:03:40 -0000

Hi all,

I have been using the homer scripts but one function I need to use is
causing me trouble, it is the StringProperWords.
This function is meant to convert a string of text so that the first letter
of every word is capitalized and lower case for the rest, however, when I
use the function the returned string is always blank.
I am not sure if this is something that I am doing wrong or if there is
something wrong in the script so I have pasted it below, I would use it like
this:

Let sText = StringProperWords (sText)

Here is the script:

String Function StringProperWords(String sText)
;Capitalize the first letter of each word and lower case the rest
Var
Int iWord, Int iWordCount, Int iLength,
String sWord, String sReturn

Let iWordCount = StringCountSegment(sText, " ")
Let iWord = 1
While iWord <= iWordCount
Let sWord = StringSegment(sText, " ", iWord)
Let iLength = StringLength(sWord)
Let sWord = StringUpper(StringLeft(sWord, 1)) + StringLower(Substring(sWord,
2, iLength - 1))
If iWord == iWordCount Then
Let sReturn = sReturn + sWord
Else
Let sReturn = sReturn + sWord + " "
EndIf
Let iWord = iWord + 1
EndWhile
Return sReturn
EndFunction

Can anyone see anything obvious with this? Or, is anyone able to try the
script themselves and reply with results?
If there are any other methods to achieve what I need I would be happy to
listen to suggestions.

Many thanks,
Mike