[jawsscripts] Re: Jaws compatability w/ Pro Tools

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:47:02 -0500

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry to hear about your battle with cancer and eventual sight
loss.  I was born blind, and really, can't imagine going through
something like that later in life, relearning everything.

If you already own a Mac, you want to use ProTools on it, and use
Apple's built-in VoiceOver.

On the PC side with Jaws check out Cakewalk Sonar and CakeTalking.
http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/CakeTalkingForSONAR.htm
Be sure to listen to the long mp3 demo to get a better idea of what
is possible.
Sonar and CakeTalking is definitely the most accessible, mature and
stable solution at the present time.

If you don't need a tutorial, you can get free scripts for Sonar
from the jSonar project, at www.jsonar.org. There's a lot less
hand-holding with that solution; you get what you pay for sometimes.

Reaper and Reaaccess is another option.

Join the Midimag list for lots more help on this.
www.midimag.org

I mix and master, and do things in either Sonar Producer and Sony's
Sound Forge.  I'm investigating Reaper though, since it's good to
have some alternatives.

Chris
http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt