[jawsscripts] Jaws and volume control

  • From: "Andre Williams" <andre.williams.1965@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 17:03:00 -0700

Hi everyone.

I have just joined this list in an attempt to save my hearing. (laugh).

I am curious if anyone has managed to script jaws so that within the Windows
7 master volume control, the jaws entry can be adjusted with hotkeys.

As many may or may not know, Window eyes uses a different volume control for
windows sounds and the screen reader. If they can do it then why can't jaws,
right? I would like to find a way of scripting jaws to accomplish this same
goal.

To begin, does anyone know the exact name of the volume mixer entry for jaws
output? I imagine I first need to know what it is I'm going to manipulate
before I can script it.

So far I go to run and type sndvol and hit enter. The volume mixer pops up
and I can tab to the separate audio streams.

How can I find a path to the jaws audio stream in an effort to create a
script that will allow me to adjust the volume?
If this has already been done, please please convey how I can do this.

I'm using jaws 12 on a Windows 7 home premium 64 bit computer

Thanks

Andre