[jawsscripts] Re: Is there a better way to do this

  • From: "Sean Randall" <seanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:29:15 +0100

Hi,

Really you're aiming for some sort  of concatenation here - putting the
strings together.
Not that you should be using say string but...
sayString("There are "+digit1+digit2+" minutes "+digit3+digit4+" point
"+digit5+" seconds left in the track on the left deck.")

The idea is to have a single string going to the  synthesizer rather than a
bunch of small, separate strings.  As I said, you shouldn't be using
sayString and it'd probably be better for you to right a function to return
the whole time as a single variable, then output that.  If you're
distributing the scripts, you'd probably want to use a message file and use
placeholders for the time and deck, so one message could output for left and
right decks or whatever other setup you have.

Cheers,
Sean.